Real Estate Acquisition & Development
GHA&J attorneys have significant experience in counseling real estate developers, property owners, construction contractors, real estate brokers, and property managers with respect to real estate transactions in the following areas:
- Preparing and negotiating contracts for the acquisition and sale of commercial and residential real estate, including land assemblages;
- Negotiating the terms of financing commitments for the acquisition and development of real estate and for interim and permanent loans;
- Providing guidance in the structuring of transactions to maximize benefits to purchasers or sellers, including guidance and representation in obtaining tax-exempt financing for commercial and residential real estate;
- Reviewing documentation and providing guidance in the due diligence review of properties;
- Preparing specialized documentation, such as restrictive covenants, deeds of subdivision, easements, stormwater management maintenance agreements and public improvements agreements, and assisting the client in processing these documents with local governmental representatives to obtain favorable approval;
- Preparing and negotiating declarations, reciprocal easements, maintenance cost-sharing agreements and organizational documents for condominium associations;
- Preparing and negotiating development agreements between developers for the coordinated development of planned communities, including office, retail and various types of residential use;
- Providing representation at, and coordinating, closings pursuant to sale and purchase contracts, including coordinating all closing related functions with title companies, surveyors, engineers, architects, clients, lenders, and other professionals;
- Assembling equity financing through private placement and tax credits, including Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, Historic Rehabilitations Tax Credits, and New Market Tax Credits.
- Structuring debt financing, including construction loans, mezzanine financing, and permanent loans.