Public Finance & Securities Law
GHA&J attorneys have over seventeen years of public and municipal finance experience and have gained a strong reputation for providing excellent service and producing results for clients. Our attorneys have served as bond counsel, lender’s counsel, underwriter’s counsel, issuer’s counsel, and borrower’s counsel. Our attorneys have participated in billions of dollars in aggregated principal amount of public finance issuances. Our attorney has earned the distinction of being nationally recognized in The Bond Buyer’s Municipal Marketplace, commonly referred to as the “Red Book”, due to our vast experience in public finance. Our legal counsel in public financings have involved:
- Sports/recreation facilities and educational facilities;
- Single and multi-family housing, hotels and dormitory projects;
- Headquarter and facility financing for 501(c)3 organizations;
- Structuring and implementing revenue bond projects including those involving enterprise zones;
- Infrastructure bonds, involving water and sewer, streets and road improvements;
- Parking garages and port facility projects, manufacturing facilities, and other projects commonly financed with tax-exempt bonds; and
- Tax increment financing (“TIF”) bond projects and PILOT transactions.
GHA&J attorneys also have experience in securities law. In addition to the client types we have represented in our public finance group, our attorneys have also served as investor’s counsel and trustee’s counsel and have represented issuers and underwriters, and others in a wide variety of public and private securities transactions. Attorneys in this practice area also counsel corporations and their officers and directors in matters involving public disclosure and other aspects of ongoing compliance with the federal and state securities laws and the rules and regulations of the NASD and the major Stock Exchanges.