GHA&J attorneys have developed and maintained a strong reputation in the firm’s banking practice, in which our attorneys have a combined experience of more than 25 years. We have advised clients across the entire spectrum of the banking and finance industries and specialize in providing quality legal services to both small and large financial institutions. We have advised banks, savings and loan associations, and public entity lenders pertaining to real estate matters, and have represented various financial entities in their commercial lending activities. GHA&J is highly qualified to provide our banking and finance clients with the highest level of services in the following areas:
- Negotiating and drafting the terms of loan commitments and loan documents and all other documents required to evidence and secure various loan transactions;
- Assisting in the structuring of loan transactions, including acquisition, development, construction, permanent revolving line of credit, wrap around and equity participation loans;
- Negotiating and documenting loans secured by various types of real estate collateral and non-real estate collateral;
- Reviewing and evaluating title insurance commitments, surveys, entity documents, opinions of counsel for borrowers and other documents required to be submitted to lenders; and
- Preparing closing instruction letters and providing the representation of lenders at settlements.
In addition, GHA&J attorneys are experienced in negotiating and arranging workouts on defaulted obligations. These workouts can be particularly complex in protecting the security of the lender where other secured debts of the borrower are also in default. GHA&J is also qualified to represent clients in the syndication of commercial real estate loans, including, the negotiation of co-lending agreements and inter-creditor agreements. GHA&J attorneys are quite comfortable with reviewing a loan package, designing with the lender client a strategy to pursue the borrower in question, and as required, continuing that pursuit through the foreclosure and bankruptcy courts, if necessary. GHA&J attorneys have also litigated disputes involving commercial transactions and banking and have established an impressive track record at both the trial and appellate levels in federal and state courts, administrative forums, and in alternative dispute resolutions.